Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cracked corn
- a handful of oilers (black sunflower seeds)
- a handful of safflower seeds
- plastic cups, containers, or pine cones
- Melt the peanut butter and shortening.
- Add the flour and mix until evenly combined.
- Mix-in the cornmeal and the cracked corn.
- Sprinkle the oilers and safflower seeds into the mixture and combine.
- Remove mixture from heat and transfer to a plastic container or onto a pinecone.
- Refrigerate until ingredients have cooled completely (about 3 hours).
This recipe was inspired by Sharon Smith's Sure-fire Suet Mix (Baltimore Bird Club).