"Our mission is to broaden and diversify the environmental movement worldwide, and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle for promoting a healthy, sustainable environment. We pursue our mission through a combination of education, public policy, and consumer activism campaigns." ~ Earth Day Network website.
The Earth Day Network works at multiple levels—local, state, national, and global—to provide environmental partnership and problem solving. They implement environmental educational programs, help to mobilize communities to act on behalf of environmental preservation, and support a range of activities and events around the world.
The following are the primary goals of the Earth Day Network:
- to promote civic engagement
- to mobilize communities
- to implement environmental education programs
- to make clean water and sanitation available to people around the world
- to encourage environmental leaders
- to support Earth Day events
To find out more aobut Earth Day Network, visit their website.